There a million different reasons for wanting to row an ocean but after you, your friends, family and sponsors have put so much time, effort and money into getting you to the start line, you want to be as sure as you can of finishing. Unfortunately, completing an ocean row can never be guaranteed until you’re in Hawaii but we’ll certainly do our best. We aim to provide the very best service to each and every one of our crews. We want to see you succeed as much as you do. Some of the many benefits of entering the Pacific Rowing Race are shown below.
Before the race
- Access to exclusive discounts on products and services from our ever-expanding list of partner companies.
- Seminars and workshops – We’ll be running a number of different seminars and workshops (both in person and virtually) ahead of the race start. These will cover all the major topics in ocean rowing, as well as answering any questions that you may have.
- Personal visits – A member of the New Ocean Wave team will come to visit you and your boat ahead of the race start to ensure that you are as confident as you can be and answer any questions you have face to face.
- The entrant only online forum allows crews to meet prior to the start. This allows everyone to share hints and tips.
- Access to boat plans for a composite hull.
- Answering all the questions and queries you have about ocean rowing by those who have been there and done it multiple times.
- Scrutineering – By ensuring that all boats have specified minimum levels of equipment on-board and that all crew members know how to use all pieces of equipment, we ensure that our crews are as prepared as possible.
- Press and PR surrounding the event make it easier for crews to raise sponsorship. The race will be a high profile event with massive press and media coverage giving your sponsors a platform to highlight their involvement in your crew and receive a considerable return on their investment.
- Mooring prior to the start.
- Launch party.
During the race
- Weather updates – Our weather update service ensures you are provided with personalized weather forecasts every day, ensuring you are as well prepared as possible for the future weather conditions.
- Medical evacuation cover – Every entrant receives an annual subscription to Global Rescue’s medical cover. If you need hospitalization, Global Rescue will organise urgent extraction and bring you home.
- Medical consultancy – 24 / 7 phone number which you can call with any medical questions and talk instantly to world-class physicians at Johns Hopkins Medicine.
- Support boats providing non-emergency cover (for example – supplying replacement equipment in the event of breakage, or more water if your watermaker breaks) making it safer.
- Tracking beacon linked to the race website, so friends, family and sponsors can follow your progress.
- Repatriation and rescue insurance.
- PR, press and media management including supplying photos, B-roll and press releases to national (as well as your local) newsdesks.
After the race
- We will help you sell your boat to those taking part in future ocean rows.
- Assist in putting your boat into a storage condition, prior to shipping back to mainland USA. (including treating your watermaker as soon as you arrive in Hawaii to keep it in pristine condition and maintain its value, disconnect batteries, etc.)
- Liaising with your shipping company to help return your boat to your home port.
- Mooring at the finish.
- Presentation of trophies, prizes and Guinness World Records.