The race rules are put in place for two reasons. To ensure the safety of all our race participants and to ensure a fair and level playing field between all crews.
- The boat shall be raced with the correct number of persons on board at all times.
- The boat shall retain all equipment onboard until the end of the race
- Before the race starts, each team shall have rowed their boat for a minimum of 48 hours, at least of 12 of which must be in the dark
- Each competitor shall have completed the mandatory courses including approved Sea Survival, First Aid at Sea, VHF radio use, Navigation and practical sailing.
- Except for use of a water desalinator, catching rain and fishing no crew shall receive any re-supplies of food, drink or equipment during the race.
- Except for satellite telephone calls, email and radio communications no crew shall receive any assistance during the race.
- Public Relations and media support to promote the race to the media
- Television content, production and distribution
- Providing you with an adventure camera to record what happens during your race
- Official race photography and videography including production of a race documentary
You can request a copy of the race rules be sent to you via email by filling out the form below.