Entries for the Great Pacific Race 2020 are now open. The race starts from Monterey, California on May 30th 2020 with all crews arriving at least two weeks beforehand for boat and equipment checks by the New Ocean Wave team and to make final preparations to their boats before setting out on the adventure of a lifetime.
The race entry fee for the Great Pacific Race 2020 (including the race deposit) is:
|Race entry fee|
To secure your entry in the Great Pacific Race 2020 please register for the race by clicking here or on the logo below.
Once we have received your race entry deposit we will send you a username and password so you can access the Entrant Zone of the website and send you your Race Entry Pack containing a full set of race rules with appendices as well as the information pack, application and medical forms and a chart of the race route.
If you want to row the Pacific as part of our Join a Team scheme the race entry fee is included in the cost. Please contact us here and we will send you an application pack.
Entry into the Great Pacific Race gives you many things including:
- Full support for your rowing campaign including office support and advice from those who have rowed oceans throughout the build up to the race.
- Access to the Entrant Zone of the website where you can view forms, supplier & equipment lists and recommendations, training programs, recorded seminars about ocean rowing, exclusive discounted products / services and more.
- Race website with daily race updates, galleries and media management.
- Boat tracking – live position updates sent to the race website.
- 24/7 race support manned by experienced ocean rowers who can help find a solution to your specific problem. We also liaise with rescue services if required.
- Daily personalized weather forecasts
- Chase boat coverage – on water support from multiple vessels with qualified and experienced crews who offer a number of safety benefits including medical assistance, re-supply services, photographic / video coverage etc.
- Search, rescue and repatriation insurance.
- 24/7 phone access to our medical team and medical assessment before and after the race.
- Port clearance and liaising with interested parties in start and finish ports to allow team to leave and arrive legally and with the minimal paperwork
- Boat and equipment and safety checks in Monterey, California prior to race start.
- Race events including start and finish parties.
- Liaising with the Guinness World Record adjudicators for ocean rowing, the Ocean Rowing Society to ensure an accurate record of your row is presented for any World Record’s due.