Name of boat: Black Oyster
Number of crew: Built as a pair (two rowing positions). But it has completed a solo Atlantic crossing, and has also rowed with four crew members around GB. So extremely versatile
Material: Fibreglass hull and cabins with a plywood deck.
Design: Phil Morrison Low profile pairs, ocean rowing boat.
Year built: 2009
Built by: Jamie Fabrizio
Previous passages: 2 Atlantic crossings completed, 67 days as part of the 2009 Atlantic race rowed as a pair under the name Roberto Coin. Rowed as a solo in 82 days across the Atlantic in 2012 under the name KED Endeavour and won the around Great Britain race – setting a new Guinness World Record 26 days, 09hours 09minutes. The boat has never rolled.
Equipment included in sale:
- Kannad Safelink GPS 406 EPIRB
- Kannad Solo GPS PLB
- ICOM ICM71 portable vhf radio
- Handheld GPS
- Ocean Safety 4 man liferaft, SOLAS B (fully serviced to 2014)
- 2 pairs of Xcell X3 ocean rowing oars, 310cm (one new pair)
- Schenker Smart 30 water maker (fully serviced, new filter, new pump, pickled and ready for use)
- Katadyn Survivor 35 manual water maker (serviced, pickled and ready for use).
- Para anchor w/ 80m of line.
- Large sea drogue.
- 7kg anchor, chain and 10m of line
- 50m rope
- Around 300 Expedition spare freeze dried food packets (800cal each) bought in 2013.
- Bridle - 2 x 2kg fire extinguishers
- Two 12volt marine batteries. (in perfect working order)
- Tool kit and spares (gates, foot plates, etc)
- Flares (4 white handheld, 2 large smokes, 4 parachute)
- 3 diving knives and an axe.
Any work required: Re-anti foul.
Stored at: Essex (apart from racing, she has always been kept under in dry storage)