Name of boat: Worst Case Scenario
Number of crew: 2-4
Material: Carbon fibre
Design: Woodvale four
Year built: November 2011
Built by: Woodvale
Previous passages: two Atlantic crossings (Talisker Whiskey Challenge 2015/6)
Under the name “Atlantic 4s” she previously crossed the Atlantic for the first time in 2011/12 as part of the Woodvale Challenge by a team of four in just 42 days.
She was prepared for her second ocean crossing in 2013/14 for the Atlantic Campaigns Challenge. Unfortunately the team were unable to meet the costs for the race.
She has just completed her 2nd ocean crossing in December 2015 where SquareOneAtlantic – a two man team completed the Talisker Whiskey Atlantic challenge in 65 days.
She is now back in the UK and available for viewing.
To secure the boat, we would be happy to take a refundable deposit ready for the next team of aspiring ocean rowers to take collection of the boat 1st May on ward
Equipment included in sale:
- Modified DeGraff trailer
- 4x solar panels
- GPS chart plotter
- VHF radio and antenna
- AIS & antenna
- GPS antenna
- deck repeater
- deck battery monitor
- 2×110 Ah marine batteries used only for the race (I think Talisker race regs say you’ll need to replace these anyway but they’ll have trade in value)
- White Nav light
- McMurdo EPIRB & holder on deck
- Deck compass
- 2x life jackets with splash hood & rearming kits
- 1x Solas survival suit (as per the race rules)
- Flag pole and british ensign
- ST2000+ Autotiller (currently fitted on deck)
- 2x Rudders: One is heavier and more robust, the second is a light (the original) carbon fibre rudder
- 8x Sawyer Oars
- 1x removable Center board
- 2x knives
- 1x Whale gusher pump
- 1x pump for cabin
- 2x screw vents (1 for each cabin)
- man over board throw/ rescue line
- 2 original seats and seat padding, 2 spare seats
- Main cabin custom padding
- carbon fibre foot plates (one with foot steering) and 1 spare steel footplate
- SOLAS 4 man life raft (I think it’s 4, I’ll have to check)
- Spares kit (hatches, oar locks, oar pins, seat wheels, hatches, anti-fowl paint etc)
So there is still quite a bit of kit with her to get a team going in a race.
There is a 2 part makeshift tarp as well that will cover most of the boat for some outdoor protection, although I’d just get a boat cover made (we didn’t have time). I can also supply a diagram of how the electrics are wired up. I think I still have a HUGE bag of energy bars we could throw in as well.
Any work required: Needs anti foul to bottom of the boat – Off the top of my head the main things you’d need to add to that kit to get going would be – para-anchor, drogue, tow line, para-anchor line, retrieval line, water maker, anchor & chain, med kit, grab bag kit, food, tool kit and all weather gear!
Price: Boat and kit £34,950.00
Stored at: Newcastle Upon Tyne (stored indoors), just off the A1