Name of boat: Worst Case Scenario
Number of crew: 2-4
Material: Carbon fibre
Design: Woodvale four
Year built: November 2011
Built by: Woodvale
Previous passages: two Atlantic crossings (Talisker Whiskey Challenge 2015/6)
Under the name “Atlantic 4s” she previously crossed the Atlantic for the first time in 2011/12 as part of the Woodvale Challenge by a team of four in just 42 days.
She was prepared for her second ocean crossing in 2013/14 for the Atlantic Campaigns Challenge. Unfortunately the team were unable to meet the costs for the race.
She has just completed her 2nd ocean crossing in December 2015 where SquareOneAtlantic – a two man team completed the Talisker Whiskey Atlantic challenge in 65 days.
She is now back in the UK and available for viewing.
To secure the boat, we would be happy to take a refundable deposit ready for the next team of aspiring ocean rowers to take collection of the boat 1st May on ward
Equipment included in sale:
- De Graaff trailer, modified to accept the boats 29×6 feet. with trailer lights board and cable.
- Eight genuine Sawyers Ocean Rowing oars, four of which have never been used.
- Garmin GPSmap 451 Chart Plotter.
- Icom VHF Marine IC-M411 Radio.
- Comar CSB200 Class B AIS Transponder.
- Hella NaviLED 360 Navigation light.
- Four 60 Watt Solar Panels, 240Watts total.
- Complete set of new deck hatch seals, ready for installation at departure.
- Comfy custom made padding for the living accommodation.
- Anchor and chain, new oar-locks with doubled up spares.
- Brand new rudder built by Rannoch ( cost £2000)
- New hatch handles and seals.
- Improved stable system of seat runners/rails.
- A host of other mandatory equipment, e.g new ropes, new electrics, deck tethers, grab bag, para anchors, drogues, nearly new batteries, buckets, safety straps, Fire extinguishers,… some of which may require replacement.
Any work required: Just needs to apply anti foul to bottom of the boat
Price: Boat with standard kit £42,000
Boat with extras (see below) £43,500
Other parts available that we will sell separate or as part of a bonus package which we can negotiate:
2 month old Katadyn 40E 12V watermaker with 1 Seals repair kit (race rules) was £3,000 – sell for £1,750)
2 x Buoyancy Suites £95
PUR 6 Survivor manual water-maker £135
4 man Liferaft Solas B – Certified/Sold by Ocean Safety £325
Race reg med kit £150
McMurdo E5 SmartFind 406/121.4MHz EPIRB £185
3 x Kru Sports Pro nd-held Sat Nav £125
Garmin GPS 72H Hand-held Sat Nav £125
Cobra handheld VHF – £25
Hand-held Iridium Sat-Phone Model 9555. Spare battery, AC charger, Car charger, water proof case £350
Lots and lots of ready meals and Protein bars (all with long sell by dates) £200
Bulk buy all of the above – £2800
Boat with standard kit = £42,000
Boat with everything = £43,500
Stored at: Rannoch Adventure Ltd. Burnham-on-Crouch